Oct 4, 2007

Monkey business





Initially, this blog is my way of remembering things.
Well, it turns out I still forget a lot of stuff.


Take Monkey: Journey to the West the first try of Damon Albarn (Blur, Gorillaz) at opera. I wrote about it six months ago, hoping I would remember to buy tickets for the opening of this season at Le Théâtre du Châtelet.


Of course I didn't remember anything.

So I can only read about it; here is an extract from Le Monde (in French, Oct.1): "A ce tourbillon s'ajoute un appareil musical confié à Albarn. Instruments traditionnels, claviers, cordes et vents, percussions. Sa partition, dans l'esprit des répétitifs américains n'est pas au niveau de l'inventivité du spectacle. Et lorsque elle devient pop on regrette qu'Albarn n'ait pas opté de bout en bout pour cette légèreté." ; here from the AFP (in English, Sept.26).



Now here's the thing; going to Paris this week-end and beginning of next week, will I remember to find the time to go in front of the house on Sunday afternoon to see if there are tickets still available (since the booking via internet is closed) ?


This answer, and probably many more next week...


No comments: