Jan 31, 2008

A pain in the throat



La Fille du Régiment, 2007



I get that you can't always be lucky in life, and that you can indeed become sick over almost everything.

But when I hear (via this or that) Juan Diego Flórez is canceling both his Kansas City recital and all the performances of the upcoming production of Il Barbiere di Siviglia in Chicago over ... a fishbone, "les mots me manquent" (I'm speechless) to use a very recurrent expression of mine.

But then again, fishbones are a real con to eating fish anyway.
Doctors told Flórez to cancel all engagements til the end of March.
He'd better keep his April 21st one at the MET though.
I hope I'm not flying over the Atlantic to attend the premiere of Donizetti's La Fille du Régiment without Flórez. That would be a real pain in the ass.


No comments: