Feb 3, 2008

Curtain issues


I know I'm overreacting and focusing on things that shouldn't matter, but I have to write a few lines to express my disapproval over the new curtain of the Opéra de Lyon. We used to have one perfectly integrated in the aesthetics of the place: black, simple, discrete. Alas. Times change, and rarely for the better. In this seventies atmosphere we're emerged in, it was only a matter of time before someone at the Opera House had the great idea to turn the princess into a pumpkin and provide us with this disturbing new curtain (actually worse in real than it appears on the pictures).
I hope they don't plan on refurnishing the house with more of this kind of brand new ideas. I'm so not longing for a complete redesigning including hundreds of wall stickers, all in the name of fresh innovation, of course.

No comments: